High Resolution Nanoparticle Analysis with the nCS1TM
Nanoparticle analysis done right
The nCS1TM nanoparticle analyzer
Spectradyne's nCS1 instrument provides a unique platform for the rapid quantitative measurement of nanoparticles in solution. The method used to measure nanoparticles is electrical in nature, so does not rely on an optical index contrast to distinguish particles from their suspending medium. The instrument measures individual nanoparticles and rapidly accumulates statistically-reliable distributions of particle sizes with quantitative concentration information. This unique capability separate the nCS1 from any other instrument on the nanoparticle analysis marketplace.
See an overview of Spectradyne's unique technology
Watch a video of the nCS1 in action!
How Spectradyne makes every particle count
Spectradyne's nCS1TM uses microfluidic technology combined with nanotechnology to detect and measure every particle in your formulation. We have developed a unique implementation of microfluidic resistive pulse sensing (MRPS), which uses electrical sensing to measure the diameter of each particle as it passes through a nanoconstriction, providing real-time sizing and concentration information.
Spectradyne's technology uses highly-engineered microfluidic cartridges for sample analysis. Leveraging advances in semiconductor processing techniques, these cartridges include engineered features that make the Resistive Pulse Sensing technique practical and easy to use at the nanoscale. Some of the benefits our customers appreciate include: 1000-fold smaller sample volume require for analysis (only 3 microliters), no time spent cleaning flow cells between samples, and embedded fluidic features in each cartridge that prevent the clogging behaviors seen in other simplistic implementations of the method. Pre-calibrated at the factory so you don't have to, the microfluidic analysis cartridges are at the heart of Spectradyne's technology.
In the table below we display the different cartridge specifications that are available. You can also view a cartridge map for cartridge selection.
Read about our microfluidic technology.
||50-300 nm particle diameters
||65-400 nm particle diameters
||130-900 nm particle diameters
||250-2000 nm particle diameters
||1,500-10,000 nm (1.5-10 micron) particle diameters
Key features of the nCS1TM
- Resistive pulse sensing and size measurements of individual nanoparticles in fluid
- Disposable microfluidic cartridge that avoids cross-contamination
- Reports particle size distribution with absolute concentration
- Particle sizes: 40 nm to 10 μm in diameter
- Concentration range: approx. 106 — 1012 particles/mL
- Max particle detection rate: approx. 10,000 particles/s
- Nanoparticles of any material type (transparent & opaque, conducting & insulating)
- Bench-top footprint
- Line power (110V & 60 Hz | 220 V & 50 Hz)
- Dimensions: 13" wide × 13" deep × 15" high (330 mm wide × 330 mm deep × 380 mm high)
- Weight: 30 lbs (14 kg)
- Instrument control interface: USB to Windows
- Single-use disposable cartridges
- No cross-contamination between samples
- No time-consuming cleaning in between samples
- 3 μliter sample per use
- Particle sizes 40 nm to 10 μm in diameter
- Proprietary signal extraction method
- Streamlined process flow
- Multi-dimensional data visualization
- Rapid concentration measurements in any measured size range
- Automated particle distribution analysis
Measure your samples now!
Spectradyne is partnering with Particle Technology Labs
PTL provides measurement-as-a-service capabilities, now using the nCS1TM.
For more information and for how to set up a measurement, send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us
Want to learn more?
Click here to register for a webinar on our technology.
We discuss the nCS1 technology and present detailed measurement results.
We can provide starter kits for researchers just starting out with our instrument.
nCS1 Starter Kit - Basic
- nCS1 Cleaning Cartridge
- nCS1 Measurement Cartridges: TS-300, TS-400 and TS-2000
- Tween-20 surfactant
- Phosphate buffered saline 10×
- Calibrated nanoparticles: 150 nm, 208 nm, 505 nm and 1240 nm diameters
- Whatman 20 nm and 200 nm syringe filters
- 3 mL and 5 mL Luer syringes, plastic
- Allen key set
nCS1 Starter Kit - Deluxe
All items in the nCS1 Starter Kit - Basic, plus:
- Portable air compressor & fittings
- Set of calibrated micropipettes & pipette carousel
- Micropipette tips
- Microcentrifuge tubes & holder
Concentration Spectral Density
Software generates histograms of particle diameters, yielding the concentration spectral density (CSD) with units of nanoparticles per unit volume per unit diameter (particles-mL-1-nm-1). This quantitative measure can easily be converted to histograms representing the number of particles in any desired bin width; the CSD is a measurement-independent property of the analyte. Good statistics can be obtained in a few seconds. A more technical description of the measurement platform may be found in J.-L. Fraikin et al., Nature Nanotechnology (2011).
Particles of any material
Spectradyne's nCS1 provides accurate, high-resolution particle size and concentration distributions for particles of all material types. The use of resistive pulse sensing for detecting the particle size responds the same way when presented with particles of biological, organic or inorganic origin, giving e.g. the same result for gold NPs, virus and lipids of the same diameter. For more information or to arrange a demonstration of the technology, please contact us.
Want to see more?
We're happy to do demonstrations, or measure your samples.
To find out more, send an email to email@example.com or: